Saturday, August 30, 2008

How customers end up Swimming

(in the pvt. label brands of Pantaloons)

Swimming was never on my mind. At least not on the top 500 options during free time on my mind. But sometimes it just happens like that because, we get attracted at certain point of time and this can be called impulsive.

I, along with Narayan my Mumbai flat mate decided to go to the gym from evening. As we entered the gym, I have seen Sonam working out with the dum bells and I tried to find the thread mill but couldn't. I checked with other available items but couldn't find something that attracted my attention to let my body bend for the exercise.

And I jumped out of the gym as soon as possible and found Abhinash shouting out of the swimming pool ...Sona mil gaya, Sona referring to some golden ring type thing he found in the pool. And as I asked him about learning swimming he immediately asked me to jump in and he would try teaching me how to swim?? And the rest is history with me learning swimming in steps day by day.

As I told you swimming was never on my mind. But it happened. It happened because, I didn't find something impressive in the gym. Impressive in terms of the effort that I need to put and the result I get out of it. It happened because, I found that swimming also survives my requirement of reduction in weight as well as the size. And it happened in an impulsive manner. And this impulsive decision is almost similar to that of the impulsive behaviour you can observe in the customers of Brand Factory.

200+ brands, 25-50% discount on all the major brands and what else do you need apart from this? The same quality, brand at a cheaper price..... that's how Brand Factory is positioned... and most of those customers rush due to this perception in mind.

There are two major types of customers who go to Brand Factory. 1. People who have been using brands since years and want to buy branded items only. 2. People who have been using unbranded and low end brands who would like to go for the upper and popular brands when they come at such a huge discounts.

The first set of customers are accustomed to brands and they want only brands. There isn't much of a deviation in this segment. But, it's the second set of customers who are the focus of this topic. These people go to brand factory because of the above described perception of popular brands at huge discounts. But, once this set of customers enter the place they are attracted by the discounts over popular brands but, they are too much attracted towards the huge discounts over the private labelled brands of pantaloons. When compared to other brands they almost quote a rock bottom prices with various offers. This is the impulsive selection that's happening with this set of customers making them end up swimming in the pvt. labelled brands of pantaloons. Added to this is the confusion between brands like ITC’s John Players and Future group’s John Millers for people who are not that familiar with John Players.

They make an impulsive decision because, they found something impressive in the private labelled brands and they have the impression that these brands do survive their requirement.

What a way to sell your private labelled brands using the brand value of well built brands of competitors?? Only possible to few people like Biyani.... Kishore, you did it again..

4 comments:

alex paul k said...

interesting n i liked d tricky way u made yo point clear.....

cheers

sajjapraveenchowdary said...

@ Alex: Thank U Dude...

Famous Quotations said...

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Award Code

Thank you,

Bill Austin

sajjapraveenchowdary said...

@Bill Austin: Thanks Austin, for declaring this as "Blog of the Day".

Thanks a ton